The project involves the construction of a quadruple railway corridor, approximately 5 km long, in the section from Tris Gefires to the Acharnes Traffic Center (SKA), including signalling, telecommanding, telecommunications and electrification.
The project is part of the greater construction project of the Attica suburban railway.
The project includes:
- The construction of infrastructure works for the quadruple railway corridor Tris Gefires–SKA
- The completion of the infrastructure works inside the zone of the Acharnes Traffic Center (SKA)
- The construction of the superstructure, signalling-telecommanding and electrification works for the full operation of the railway lines in the section Tris Gefires–SKA and inside SKA. The projects have been designed for a design speed of 100 kph for the new quadruple corridor in the section Tris Gefires-SKA.
- The construction of the railway stations in the section Tris Gefires–SKA and the installations–equipment works in the stations (Ag. Anargyroi, P. Vassilissis, Kato Aharnes, as well as two stops, SKA and SKA-Aharnes, inside SKA)
- The layout of the new Central Traffic Control (CTC) in SKA
- E/M Installations for structures (cut &cover at Agioi Anargyroi & Pyrgouthi), vehicle/pedestrian crossings and outdoor areas in the section Tris Gefires-SKA
- Remaining works required to complete the projects in this section (such as works for the application of additional protective measures, restorations/layout of the surrounding area, archaeological works, restorations of public utility networks, etc.)
- The elaboration of the remaining designs for this section
- The execution of land acquisitions
Operational Program (OP) Railways, Airports and Urban Transport (RAUT) 2000-2006, NSRF 2007-2013, National Funds
171 mil. Euros from 3rd CSF, 95 mil. Euros from NSRF, 187 mil. Euros from National Funds
Construction start: 2002
Commissioning the left double corridor: 2009
Commissioning the right double corridor: 2013
Project completion: 2015
Section length: 5 km of quadruple line
Design speed: 100 kph
Cut & Cover: 1870 m long
Railway bridges: 8, from 10 m to 200 m long each, with a total length of 440 m.
Grade separated pedestrian crossings: 5
Stations/stops: 3 stations (Ag. Anargyroi, P. Vassilissis, Kato Aharnes) and 2 stops (SKA and SKA-Aharnes inside SKA)